Gmail settings for Outlook are automatic and manual types. It depends on the version of your Outlook program and email service provider server settings. Email accounts should be decided first whether to configure as a local email or make this outlook email available for your other devices.
Gmail settings for Outlook 2007
Outlook 2007 is a long obsolete version of Microsoft Office. Outlook was released in the year 2007 with a fluent user interface. As a fluent user interface, it uses ribbons and menu bar which includes tools bar and view formats. In order to configure Outlook 2007 for gmail, there will be pop3 gmail settings for outlook 2007 and smtp settings of gmail in outlook 2007.
POP3 gmail settings for Outlook 2007
- In Outlook, go to Tools and Account Settings. Below the Email tab click New.
- Choose the email service you wish to configure: POP3 or IMAP.
- Select the manually configure server settings or additional server types check box.
- Click Next.
- Click the Internet Email bubble.
- Click Next.
- Enter the following information:
- Your Name: This is the display you want to use, such as Joe Smith.
- Email Address: This is your full email address, such as email@example.com.
- Incoming Server: Contact your ISP or hosting company for this setting. It will be something like pop.gmail.com.
- Outgoing Mail Server: Contact your ISP or hosting company for this setting. It will be something like smtp.gmail.com.
- Username: This is your full email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Password: This is your email account password.
- If your mail server requires SMTP authentication, follow these steps.
- Click More Settings.
- Navigate to the Outgoing Server tab
- Select the My Outgoing Server requires SMTP Authentication checkbox.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
1. Start the Microsoft Outlook program.
Use the Start menu to start Outlook 2010. If you’ve never used Outlook before, it will prompt you to create a new account. In that case, skip ahead to step 2.
If you’ve previously used Outlook and it doesn’t prompt you, click the File tab, then the Add Account button:
2. The “Auto Account Setup” screen appears.
When this window appears, leave the spaces empty, choose the Manually configure server settings or additional server types option, then click Next.
3. The “Choose Service” screen appears.
Choose Internet E-mail, then click Next.
4. The “Internet E-mail Settings” screen appears.
This is the window where you’ll enter most of your account settings.
5. View “More Settings”.
Click the More Settings button. A new “Internet E-mail Settings” window appears.
6. Choose the “Outgoing Server” tab.
In the “Outgoing Server” tab, check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and make sure Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected:
7. Choose the “Advanced” tab.
Click the “Advanced” tab, then:
- Check the This server requires an encrypted connection checkbox. (This will make the POP3 port number change from “110” to “995”; that’s normal.)
- Change the “Outgoing server (SMTP)” port number from “25” to 465.
- Change the “Use the following type of encrypted connection” setting to SSL.
8. Close the “Internet E-mail Settings” window.
Click OK to close the “Internet E-mail Settings” window. The “Add New Account” screen will still be visible.
9. Test the settings.
Click Next. Outlook will test the settings, then should tell you that “all tests completed successfully”.
Click start and select Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016 for the programs list. Outlook 2013 and 2016 is usually installed in the latest Windows Operating systems like Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
Most of the Outlook settings remain the same like previous email programs. The look and feel of the Outlook program is completely changed. It appears like a lighter version of the Webmail as a desktop client. It includes all the advanced features of an Outlook program.
How to create Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016 shortcut in Windows 10
- Click start and search in cortona or a search console for name Outlook.
- Right click and add it to taskbar to create a shortcut.
IMAP settings for gmail in Outlook settings
- The direct configuration of gmail settings for Outlook is IMAP.
- We just need to enter the name and email to configure and start using the program.
POP3 settings for gmail in Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016
- Click File and select Info
- Select Add account
- It asks you to type your name, email and password and another selection is to do a manual setup.
- Select Manual setup or additional server types and click next.
- It shows you the following
- Microsoft exchange server
- outlook.com or exchange ActiveSync compatible device.
- POP or IMAP
- Choose the selection connect to a pop account and click next.
- It asks for User information, server information and Logon information
- User information
- It contains your name and Email address
- Server information
- POP3 settings
- It allows you to download email messages on your computer and read them even though when you are offline. when you use POP3 to connect to your email account, messages are usually downloaded locally and removed from the servers.
- pop3 gmail server settings for outlook are pop3.gmail.com for incoming mail server and smtp.gmail.com for outgoing server.
- IMAP settings
- It allows to read emails in configure an email account in multiple devices. If you want to check gmail on phone as well as gmail on computer, the best way to configure is using gmail server settings for IMAP on Outlook.
- POP3 settings
- Logon information asks for email address and password.
- User information
There is an option to select More settings which allows you to configure Outgoing server settings. Select a check box to ensure you are using the same user name and password for your email for sending emails. This option is provided in addition because some of the secured email service providers tend to use different access credentials for sending emails.
POP3 protocol generally works on two ports:
Port 110 – It is the default POP3 port
Port 995 – It is the port you need to use when you want to connect using POP3 securely.
IMAP settings uses the following ports.
port 110 – It is used for incoming mail server
port 25 – it is used for outgoing mail server port.
outgoing server settings used port 465 for secured mail server.
Search keywords for gmail server settings for outlook are:-
gmail server settings for outlook, gmail settings for outlook, gmail settings for outlook 2007, gmail settings for outlook 2010, outlook settings for gmail account, what are the settings for gmail in outlook, smtp settings for gmail in outlook 2007, smtp settings for gmail in outlook, settings for gmail on outlook express, settings for gmail on outlook, pop3 settings for gmail in outlook express, pop3 settings for gmail in outlook 2013, pop3 settings for gmail in outlook 2010, pop3 settings for gmail in outlook 2007, pop3 settings for gmail in outlook 2003, pop3 settings for gmail in outlook, pop3 outlook settings for gmail, pop3 gmail settings for outlook express, pop3 gmail settings for outlook 2010, pop3 gmail settings for outlook 2007, pop3 gmail settings for outlook, pop settings for gmail in outlook express, pop settings for gmail in outlook 2007, pop settings for gmail in outlook, pop outlook settings for gmail, pop gmail settings for outlook 2007, pop gmail settings for outlook, outlook smtp settings for gmail